Effective: May 28th, 2017
Please be aware that Drinking Bird Technologies, and all associated Services and systems, including registration, is housed on servers in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect (including cookies) will be processed and stored in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the data protection and privacy laws may not offer the same level of protection as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen. By using our Services and providing information to us, you consent to the transfer to and processing of the information in the United States.
Who We Are
We are Drinking Bird Technologies Corporation and our family of affiliated companies (“Drinking Bird”). We provide internet and mobile application based services including the apps linked to below:
Dr. Vigo PT
Information We Collect
Drinking Bird collects information to operate our business and provide you with innovative health and wellness solutions. We collect both Personal Data and Other Information in support of these efforts.
- “Personal Data” is information that can be used, directly or indirectly, alone or together with other information, to identify you as an individual Exerciser. This may include your precise Heart Rate Data, Activity Data and your Medical Condition Data.
- “Other Information” is information that is anonymous, aggregate, de-identified, or otherwise does not reveal your identity. Some examples include age, gender, browser and operating system, time spent using our Services, and webpages visited. We collect and use this information to understand how you and our community as a whole use our Services and constantly tune, enhance, innovate and build products and services to reflect the needs of Users. When you are using a mobile device, we also collect and use your Apple Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) and Google Advertising ID (AAID) to recognize your device and support advertising activities on our Services. These number values are not permanently tied to your device and, depending on your operating system, you can reset it through your device settings.
Generally, we do not consider Other Information to be Personal Data. Regardless, if we link together Other Information in a way that renders it individually identifiable, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data.
We collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- When you register with us, we collect registration, demographic details and health status (.e.g., name, username and password, email address, date of birth, exercise habits and limitations and physical limitations).
When you set up an Drinking Bird account, we will collect your name, username and password, email address, date of birth, and location (e.g., country). We may also collect your postal code, contact number and information about your mobile device (e.g., name of your wireless carrier and device identifier). In addition, we may collect certain demographic information at registration to tailor our Services to your needs, such as age, gender, fitness and physical characteristics, and sport preferences.
- When you use or interact with our Services, we collect Personal Data such as Heart Rate Data and Activity Data.
- Other Information: We may collect Other Information about your use of our Services. This includes, for example, your device type, carrier provider, browser type, operating system, internet domain and host name, date and time of access as well as referring and onward URL, as well as transactional data about the activities you undertake and how you interact with the Services, such as what data is displayed, clicked on or shared, the click stream patterns, and the length of time spent on each site or page; and searches you may conduct on the Services.
- When you connect with us through social media, we may collect account or profile information.
- When we provide you access to third-party products and services.
If you are accessing third-party products and services that we have made available to you via the Services, we may collect your name, email address, city, fitness preferences, payment information, and more, in connection with your registration for and access to those products and services. For example, we may allow you to register and pay for third-party products and services through the Services. We will only collect and share Personal Data with third parties with your permission.
- When we supplement your information, we collect additional Personal Data about you.
If you have registered or created an account with us, we may obtain demographic information about you from reputable third-party sources to help us improve our communication with you, give us better consumer insight into your needs and improve our business. We may combine your Personal Data, Performance Data and/or the Location Data with information we obtain from our Services, other users, or third parties to enhance your experience and improve the overall quality of our Services, such as providing you with a single point of sign on for our Services and/or building an account dashboard letting you understand how to access and control all the Drinking Bird Services you use from a single page. For example, we may obtain updated email address information from email-change-of-address vendors or purchase third-party marketing data and address information and add it to our database to better direct our advertising and provide pertinent offers we think you are more likely to be interested in.
- When you engage with our online communities or with advertising on the Services, we may collect Personal Data about those interactions.
We may collect your Personal Data when you engage with our online communities. This includes when you click on advertisements, interact with our social media pages, submit content, leave reviews, or otherwise enter information into comment fields, blogs, message boards, events and other community forums sponsored by or affiliated with Drinking Bird. These forums are public, so please exercise care in deciding what information and content you wish to disclose. We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and remove content within the comment fields, message boards, events and other community forums on the Services (e.g., in order to protect other Users).
How We Use Personal Data
Drinking Bird uses the data we collect to operate our business, advertise and provide our products and Services, improve existing products and services, develop new products and services, and to improve and personalize your experiences interacting with us. We also use your Personal Data to communicate with you and to deliver advertising that may be more relevant to you.
We use the information we collect to:
- Operate our business and provide our Services to Users, individuals and communities.
- Personalize experiences on our Services, better understand our Users and gain consumer insights.
- Provide you with access to third-party products and services
- Support research and academic research
- Address security issues and to resolve disputes.
- Tailor our advertising and marketing.
- Communicate with you and respond to your requests.
- Administer Promotions.
How We Disclose Personal Data
Note that HealthKit Data is not used for marketing and advertising.
- In Community Forums
Any information you post or disclose in our community forums (for example, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, or other sponsored pages on the Dr. Vigo Blog) is public. We cannot control the use of information disclosed in community forums, such as bulletin boards, blogs, chat rooms, and networking functions of mobile applications. Exercise caution when disclosing information in these public areas, and be careful what Personal Data you disclose and how you disclose it. Content posted in our community forums, including advice and opinions, represents the views of the individuals who post that Content and such individuals bear sole and exclusive responsibility for the posting of that content. Drinking Bird does not necessarily endorse, support, verify, or agree with any content posted in our Community Forums
As We Grow and Change – Corporate Transactions and Reorganizations
If we should ever merge with another company, or if Drinking Bird should decide to buy, sell, or reorganize some part or all of its business, we may disclose or transfer, to the extent permitted by law and in compliance with any applicable requirements to notify you, your Personal Data to prospective or actual purchasers or successor entities in connection with one of these transactions or reorganizations.
- As Required by Law and Special Circumstances
We may be required to disclose your Personal Data if: (i) it is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority, (ii) such a disclosure would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit, (iii) it is necessary to protect our legal rights or property, or (iv) it is necessary to protect the legal rights or property or physical security of others, or for the prevention or detection of crime and such disclosure is lawful.
Drinking Bird is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use technical and organizational measures designed to protect your information against unauthorized access, theft, and loss. We also recommend that you take additional measures to protect yourself and your information, such as installing anti-virus software, closing browsers after use, keeping confidential your log-in credentials and passwords, and making sure that you regularly update software and apps you have downloaded to ensure you have enabled the latest security features on your devices.
Drinking Bird will retain your Personal Data for as long as you maintain an Account or as needed to provide you the Services. We will also retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How We Use Data Collection Tools and Online Advertising
Managing Your Privacy Settings
We provide you several ways to manage your privacy settings:
- Update your default data in “Caring for me…” section under Carers. Default is no sharing of heart rate and no sharing of “start exercise”.
- Update your default settings for being cared under Account->Privacy Settings.
- Set your communication preferences
We respect your communication preferences and have created several ways for you to control how Drinking Bird communicates with you:
- Email Communication: You may stop receiving promotional email messages from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such message you receive. If you use more than one Service then opting out of the emails relating to that Service will not stop you receiving emails from other Services.
- Push Notifications: With your permission, Drinking Bird may use push notifications to let you know about new messages or events even when you are not actively using a Service. You can manage the type of push notifications you receive from Drinking Bird by modifying the settings of your Drinking Bird applications and websites. You can go into “Carers” and select “I am caring for…” or “Caring for me…” to change notification preferences for different people you care for or people care for you.
Drinking Bird Technologies Services are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, please contact us through our Support Team. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, we will take steps to remove the information and terminate the child’s account.
Third Parties We Don’t Own or Control
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about how we handle your Personal Data, then you may contact us through our Support Team.